We want to improve the air quality in Prior Weston primary school’s playgrounds by installing green screens.
Please visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/prior-weston to pledge your support to help all the children at Prior Weston.
All sponsors will receive recognition through:
- The projects social media campaign and local press
- You logo and name on the ISEP and school project webpages
- Your name included on a plaque in Fortune Park next to the school entrance (for sponsors donating over £1000)
We aim to raise £15,000 to fund the school’s top priority sections of green screen, to be installed during October half-term.
The green screens will:
- block and absorb air pollution
- improve the children’s privacy
- boost local biodiversity
- provide beauty and interest for the children and staff
- reduce noise pollution
The school has recently received a Greater London Authority air quality audit, under ‘The Mayor of London’s School Air Quality Audit Programme’. Air quality in the playground is amongst the worst 25% in London. The audit recommends that green screens be used to block and soak up pollutants from traffic along the perimeter fencing of the playgrounds at the school and nursery. A recent study by GLA/Defra has found that green screens reduce pollution in playgrounds during school hours by 36% for NO2 and 41% for PM10.
To receive a full fundraising pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7527 2347.