Celebrating cross-borough leadership in best green practice
Islington Sustainable Energy Partnership (ISEP) and the Camden Climate Change Alliance (CCCA) are coming together to celebrate the achievements of businesses, community organisations and schools, who are leading the way in the delivery of sustainable services and products.
The Camden and Islington Sustainability Awards are an opportunity to cultivate cross-borough collaboration and knowledge exchange at a time when boroughs are moving towards new zero-carbon targets to tackle the climate crisis.
For over 10 years, ISEP and CCCA, London’s unique pioneering sustainability networks, have been working with businesses and other organisations to identify and deliver projects that reduce energy costs, cut carbon emissions and manage environmental impacts.
The Camden and Islington Sustainability Awards are open to all organisations across both boroughs. There are eight award categories for each borough, so plenty of chances to win!
- Energy efficiency and carbon reduction – Recognises excellence in managing and reducing carbon emissions due to energy consumption.
- Improving air quality – Recognises initiatives that reduce air pollutants including PM10 and NO2.
- Resource management and recycling – Recognises excellence in projects aimed at reducing the environmental impacts of materials (including related waste and disposal) as well as other sources such as water.
- Employee engagement – Recognises projects aimed at engaging employees in relation to sustainability issues.
- Leadership in green procurement – Recognises the use of procurement to support the growth and promotion of the low carbon economy.
- Sustainability champion – Recognises the contribution individuals have made in the implementation and embedding of sustainability practices in an organisation or community
- Best community environmental project – Recognises the efforts of community groups working to improve their local environment.
- Best sustainable school initiative – Recognises schools that have reduced the impact of their operations, raised sustainability awareness and engaged with the wide school community.
The awards will be presented at a special evening reception to include keynote speakers on November 21st at Jerwood Hall, LSO St. Lukes. Applications are now open. Closing deadline is midnight Sunday 3rd November.
Download the Application guidance document
Camden and Islington Sustainability Awards: APPLY HERE!
Book your place at the free awards ceremony (including interesting speakers, drinks, nibbles and networking opportunities) on the 21st November: DETAILS HERE