Islington has signed up to the Solar Together group buying scheme for solar panels. The scheme is open to both residents and businesses and is for anyone looking to install up to 10kW of solar panels.
- Registration: you register for free before 22 August. You need to give details of your roof, including its size and position. The more people that register, the better the deal. Registration does not commit you to anything.
- Auction: On 22 August an auction will be held where pre-vetted installers submit their lowest prices.
- Your personalised offer: from 10 September you will be contacted with a personalised offer, based on the specifications of your roof. It includes your costs and return on the investment of a solar panel installation.
- You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 19 October to decide and will be invited to visit a local information session.
- Installation: if you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to schedule a survey of your roof and set an installation date. All installations will be completed by the end of March 2019.
The scheme isn’t restricted to businesses who own their own building – tenants and leaseholders are able to apply if they have permission from their building owner/freeholder to put panels on the roof.
For more details, FAQs and to sign up visit the Solar Together website.